Subject Matter Expert's UI IT Modernization Survival Guide
This instructor-led training is course designed to provide UI subject matter experts (SMEs), who interact with agency Business Analysts, IT and/or vendor staff, valuable information on improving business processes, project management, how to effectively communicate the business needs of the Agency, provide business rules, and preparing for user acceptance testing. SMEs will understand their role in a modernization project and the role of others from project planning, requirements definition, and throughout the software development life cycle. Hands-on activities include redesigning a business process, accurately communicating business requirements, distinguishing a functional requirement from a business rule, writing business rules, proofing a draft use case, and identifying possible test scenarios.
ITSC instructors deliver the two-day training at state sites and offer it periodically in the ITSC offices in Washington, D.C. If you are interested in attending or scheduling this classroom training, please reach out to email@example.com.
After completing the curriculum, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of improving business processes as a part of UI IT Modernization
- Explain why project management is essential to the success of a project
- Define commonly used IT project terms and tools
- Explain the other roles in the project, and how they relate to the SME
- State how to prepare to participate in the requirements gathering process
- Effectively communicate business needs in the form of requirements
- Identify and provide business rules related to the SME’s area of expertise
- Explain the purpose and components of use cases
- Explain the role of the SME throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Explain the SME’s role in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Explain the SME’s role in Pre and Post Implementation